Friday, May 15, 2009

Till It's Gone


Hey,

I'm a lover of quotes and if anyone is familiar with the Jamaican culture then you know that proverbs (folk sayings) are passed down from generation to generation. they can be amusing and they can speak alot of truth.
Tonight I want to focus on one universal saying "You don't know what you've got till its gone". This statement can be applied to any situation some of my long time readers will remember the Mamachel stranded days when i had no car. I surely missed the comforts of my cars in those days. On more somber note there have definitely been time (mothers day) when I really miss my mom. Not, that my step-mom is not great but I miss my mommy nonetheless. Shamefully I remember arguments that seem so trivial now when I didn't want her as my mom. What I'd give to re-do those days.
I wish I had her guidance especially when I'm in another situation of loss. What would her point-of view be on my relationship or lack there of. And the feeling that "Whoops, mamachel you might can't fix this one" what would she say? Would she tell me to fight for what I want or sum it up to experience. Yes, sometimes you never know what you've got till its gone but it's even worse when things are lost because of something that you've done. This leads me to another saying "Hindsight is 20/20". How many of you if you could turn back the hands of time wouldn't do what you did. (is that sentence even grammatically correct?).

But let's talk the truth. We move on and we break up and we tell ourselves that it's the best. But how many of you would have rather not have to have broken up or let something go to know the true value?

Mamachel Question of the week:

Can we really know the true value of something without losing it?

Blessed Love,

Mamachel

No comments: