Saturday, July 18, 2009

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner

Howdy,

So I'm fairly excited that I got a email seeking some advice. Although I love my regular blog posts I do relish the times I get to do my "Dear Judy". I almost always ask at least four or five people so as to gather as much information from all angles. That way i feel my advice will be objective enough. Okay on to the topic at hand:

Dear Mamachel,

I have been sleeping with a guy off and on for the past couple of years. You can say he is my filler for when times get rough. A little stress relief. My problem is that of late he has started hinting that he would like to take things to another level. This I am NOT comfortable with. How do I break it to him that he's not the type I take home to mama?

Thanks,
Quandary

My Response:

Dear Quandary,

You have gotten yourself into quite a situation here. Although I must say you must have seen it coming. Two people can seldom be physically involved for a prolonged period of time without some feelings developing. In this case a rarity has taken place and the person hit with feelings so happens to be the male. The fact that you have written for advice means that you also care for him and would rather spare his feelings. This is where it gets sticky cause from other parts of your letter I know you would like things to continue as they are. Let me break it to you "That's not gonna happen".

I do suggest you be straight forward but diplomatic. Let him know that you hadn't really envisioned this going any further and you thought he was cool with how things are. It seems cold but its a whole lot better than dodging him on the street or his phone calls. At least he'll know where you stand and can have the choice to move on. In other words you wouldn't like a man to string you along so in this case DON'T DWEET!

Alas all good things come to an end. And if he chooses to stick around may I suggest you do one of the following:

1] Check his basement to see if he has a shrine dedicated to you because most men's ego would have them moving along.

2] Patent di pokey cause di tings SORT OUT my gurl .


Faith and Love,

Mamachel